|Prizes for specific discoveries|
ZetaGrid is offering the following four prizes in accordance with the rules below:
- $10 (USD) will be awarded to the first person who discovers the first two zeros which have a distance less than 10-6, using the software provided by ZetaGrid.
- $100 (USD) will be awarded to the first person who discovers the first two zeros which have a distance less than 10-7, using the software provided by ZetaGrid.
- $1,000 (USD) will be awarded to the first person who discovers a nontrivial zero which is not on the critical line using the software
provided by ZetaGrid but only if this constitutes the first disproof of the Riemann Hypothesis by any method.
- Up to $1,000,000 (USD) award to the first 100 top producers of ZetaGrid if Sebastian Wedeniwski wins
the $1 million prize for a proof of the
Riemann Hypothesis from Clay Mathematics Institute
by using the results or the statistical summaries of ZetaGrid.
ZetaGrid will offer the above awards according to the following rules:
- All of the above awards will be offered only to correctly registered users. This means that the user must provide a correct user name and
a valid e-mail address required for contact purposes.
- No money will be awarded to a discoverer if he/she uses a program other than that provided by ZetaGrid.
- All work units containing one of the results mentioned above must have been distributed by the ZetaGrid servers.
- No money will be awarded until the results are independently verified by the Result-Verifier of
the Security Architecture of ZetaGrid and manually by Sebastian Wedeniwski.
This verification may take several months.
- No money will be awarded if the discovery is an error as a result of a bug in the software provided by ZetaGrid.
- The 'up to $1 million' prize will only be granted to the first 100 top producers of ZetaGrid which are
registered correctly. The portion of the award for a producer will be proportional to the number of successfully verified zeros. For example,
if Sebastian Wedeniwski proves the Riemann Hypothesis
by using the results or the statistical summaries of 100 billion zeros provided by ZetaGrid and one person verified 2 billion zeros
he/she will get 2% of the award. The precision of the calculation will be 4 digits after the decimal point of the percentage. Therefore, no money will be awarded for a
percentage less than 0.0001%, i.e. less than $1 (USD).
- If one discovery occurs and ZetaGrid recognizes it through its his Result-Verifier ZetaGrid will contact the
discoverer via e-mail.
- These rules may be changed at any time prior to the discovery of one of the above challenges.
- The decision taken by the ZetaGrid Board of Directors granting each award, is final.